About the club
Blueharts Hockey Club was founded by old boys of Hitchin Grammar School in 1946. It led a nomadic existance until it was welcomed at Hitchin Cricket Club at Lucas Lane in 1952. The quality and commitment of the early players soon established Blueharts as one of the senior clubs in the region. The men have had two spells in the National League. The men's section has grown to 6 sides, all competing in the East League..
The ladies section was founded in 1986 and has had a spell in the National League. They have grown to 4 sides; the 1st team play in the East League and the others in the Five Counties League.
The club is proud of its highly successful Mini hockey section for 6 to 12 year olds, where over 100 childen are coached on winter Sundays.
All coaching and games are at Hitchin Boys' School artificial pitch. Post-match socialising is at the clubhouse, Lucas Lane.
In association with Hitchin Cricket Club, permission has been secured to build a new clubhouse and artificial pitch at Lucas Lane. The club will then seek to expand further.