Code of Conduct for Parents/Carers
- Ensure your child is wearing a mouth guard and shin pads during all coaching sessions and matches.
- Inform the club of any changes to the details given above.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play, arguing with officials and publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play an applauding the good performance of all.
- Never belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- For U13s; accompany your child to and from the pitch or ensure someone you trust accompanies them.
- If your child has agreed to participate in an event and subsequently becomes unavailable, please telephone the appropriate official as soon as possible.
View the England Hockey Code of Conduct for Spectators & Parents